Our accreditation project work flow was produced by a former site inspector of the IAC. Here is what you get:
1. A dedicated accreditation project manager to guide you through the whole process - start to finish!
2. Review and update, or development of, a Lab Policies and Procedures Manual to include staff (medical and technical) duties, staff credentials and CME requirements, patient and staff safety, infection control, equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance, final reporting process.
3. Review and update, or development of, exam protocols.
4. Review of echo lab examinations/studies to include clinical indications, exam worksheet completeness, and appropriate interpretation.
5. Review and update, or development of, a Quality Assurance Manual to include specific examination diagnostic criteria, exam correlations including process and personnel responsibility.
6. After review of all areas of the lab's operation, recommendations will be provided with a plan for implementation to meet the ICAEL standards.
7. Completion of the accreditation application and assistance with the selection of the required number of case studies for initial accreditation or re-accreditation.
8. Submission of the accreditation application after review and approval of the lab's Medical Director and Technical Director.
9. Review with the Technical Director and/or Medical Director any critiques provided by the ICAEL for suggested improvements prior to next accreditation process.
10. Review with the Technical Director and/or Medical Director any critiques provided by the ICAEL that would delay accreditation or re-accreditation. Would assist in the development and implementation of a plan to address any deficiencies which would then result in achieving accreditation.
Consdiderations from ICAEL:
Will Your Echo Lab Be Ready By September 2008?
Effective Q3 2008, United Healthcare will require freestanding facilities and physician offices that use a CMS 1500 claim form and are performing echocardiography outpatient imaging studies to apply for accreditation as a condition for reimbursement. The facility must either be accredited by Q3 2008 or have submitted an accreditation application by Q3 2008 to the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
Have you obtained the ICAEL standards?
This is the first step in the accreditation process. Go the ICAEL website http://www.icael.org/ to review the standards and see if your facility's operations meet the accreditation standards.
Have you commenced work on the accreditation application?
If you have not commenced working on the application yet, or if you have started, but are too busy or frustrated, let Surgisys' experienced accreditation personnel help you with the entire process. We will review your lab's entire operation, including staffing, equipment, protocols, final reporting process, QA/QC, and case studies.
Do you feel comfortable enough to submit the accreditation application?
If you do not, let Surgisys assist you by reviewing the application and comparing the application data with the lab's operations. Most importantly, we will review the case studies to ensure that they meet the ICAEL standards, are complete, and follow the lab's protocols.
What happens after you receive an accreditation decision?
This decision may be that your facility has been granted accreditation, the application has been delayed pending additional data submission, or worse case scenario, a site visit. If Surgisys was involved in the accreditation application, we will assist the facility in the providing additional data and/or development and implementation of a plan to address any deficiencies that would then result in achieving accreditation.
Click on Contact at the top of the page and email us to request an info packet, a Webinar or a 30 day free trial to see what we have to offer. We look forward to visiting with you about your unique echo practice.